WHAT IS A JOB–
A job is an opportunity to apply skill and acquire experience while earning income. In other words, a job is a meal ticket.
- It provides opportunity to apply skills
- It provides opportunity to acquire skills
- It provides experience
- It provides opportunity to earn income.
WHY DO YOU NEED A JOB? A STRATEGIC QUESTION
- To earn money- Highest paying job will be preferred
- Any job will do- To meet basic needs
- To apply skill and experience- Skill related job aligned to future prospect will be preferred
WHAT JOB OPTION?
- Corporate organizations
- Management options
- Government employment
- Public servants
- Professional firms
- Self employment
Strategic Approach to Job search
Do I have all the information needed?
- What is my vision or purpose for a job/my life?
- What are the core values consistent with my vision?
- What is my strategic Excellence Position (SEP) i.e long-term outcome of my vision
- Others include, Internet, Organization job board, advert agencies etc
Developing an action plan
- Draw up an action plan
- Set over-all Define strategies
- Agree action items for each objectives
Top 10 skills required for graduate hires:
- Commercial awareness
- Negotiation & persuasion
- Problem solving
- Perseverance & motivation
- Ability to work under pressure
- Aptitude test skill
- Good Curriculum vitae
- Interview Techniques
The option of entrepreneurship
Who is an entrepreneur?
The entrepreneur is commonly seen as a business leader and innovator of new ideas and business processes“
An entrepreneur runs a small business and assumes all the risk and reward of a given business venture, idea, or good or service offered for sale.
Why Managerial Skills?
- Technical Skills: This is the knowledge and proficiency in the trade
- Human/interpersonal Skills: This is the ability to interact and motivate;
- Conceptual Skills: Identify problems, Provides solutions and Aggregates ideas